Like anything in life, the better you prepare, the better the experience. We are working hard gearing up for our National Sales Meeting in April and like anything else, a successful show is closely related to the amount of thought put in on the front end. Our Account Executives give their energy during these few days with their friends and colleagues but without a plan its just time away and fun experiences. Our hope is that it’s both of those things and so much more.
It’s important for our people to know what they will need before the meeting and to come prepared with:
- Artwork from their top customers. That way, they can quickly share it with suppliers at any moment.
- A list of upcoming customer events and projects to make it easier to collaborate and brainstorm with suppliers on-site.
- Reach out to.
It’s also common for our account executives to reach out directly to top suppliers in advance to better prepare them for discussing specific clients and ideas during the meeting.
We also strongly encourage participants to approach the meeting with specific goals in mind, such as:
- Striving for conversations with five suppliers about proactive marketing campaigns.
- Sending customer art to three suppliers ask them to prepare storyboards and virtual samples that can be discussed in person at the meeting.
- Finding one or two favorite products and using those for a self-promo project after the meeting. This is a great way to showcase the product to clients while promoting themselves.
By having a plan and building intention into once-a-year opportunities like our annual sales meeting, our reps can have a great experience but come with a plan to maximize the event. If they can make everything happen by having art files already sent, there is no follow up, they can get back to work and the work from the show starts rolling in. Then, the chance to shine is with their customers by bringing the suppliers’ great ideas to life.