For anyone, especially those of us in sales, these last three months have been very unique and challenging. What you do right now will have an effect on what is going to happen in 3, 6, 9, or even 12 months from now. Ask yourself this: What are you doing today, this moment, in the next 10 mins, next week, and next month to set yourself up for the future? There are vital actions that one can do to make sure you have a successful future. Some actions are things that you have not done in a while and some might involve things you have never done, but nevertheless action is required to ensure success.
Here are some proactive ideas for you to consider to help grow your business:
- Cold Calling
- Reviewing the last 5 years of sales data (at a minimum)
- Revisiting old clients who haven’t purchased from you in awhile
- Calling and checking in on your clients and prospects
- Reviewing vertical market opportunities
- Calling on companies who have co-op marketing funds they may need to use
- Seek out companies that have their fiscal year ending soon
- Turn any PPE-only customers to lasting relationships
I am not saying any of this is foolproof, but these are definitely tactics you can start implementing today to keep your pipeline full. The worst thing you can do is just sit and wait for a deal to jump out and say here I am. Since that’s unlikely to happen, now is the time to work harder and smarter than ever. All too often, it’s easy to say that you’re having a bad year and chalk it up to the pandemic, but would that be true? No matter what happens, there will be normalcy again. It’s up to you to take advantage now by implementing some new sales strategies and putting in the work to be successful long into the future.