I don’t know about you, but it seems like during the two or so weeks leading up to the new year it is nearly impossible to get a hold of the people you want. Many people have either left on their holiday break or in a pre-holiday trance and hard to reach.
So, what do you do during this time period?
I always try to keep my momentum moving forward in any way I can so here’s some ideas of what I do:
- Make a list. It seems simple, but I always like to make a list of either people to reach out to, or projects I want to complete.
- Catch up on all the projects you didn’t have time to do before. Always wanted to put aside some time for creative PSA’s? Now’s the time.
- Build your marketing strategy and messaging for the coming new year. Put aside the time to create some marketing materials that you can use once business picks back up, to hit the ground running.
- Reach out to clients with a creative and fun email. Try to make the message personal and play into what you can offer them in the new year.
- Take some time to reflect on the year. Complications of this year aside, what could you have done differently to help stride forward?
- Set goals for the new year and commit to them.
- Finally, take a little time for family and yourself. Once you have your goals set, make sure to take some time to relax and refresh, so you’re ready to hit the ground running for the new year!
If there’s one thing I know, it’s that keeping up the momentum and finishing projects that you’ve wanted to do is a great way to build for the coming here and keep yourself on track.